Frequently Asked Questions
How does the conference help to facilitate connections between attendees?
There's more to conferences than just the talks -- meeting new people and discussing in the 'Hallway Track' are a vital part of an event! However, we've noticed that it can be difficult to start new conversations and meet new people. This is why we take many steps to facilitate discussion:
- Topic Tables. This event takes place on Day 1, folloiwng the opening keynote and 5 lightning talks. It is designed to help you easily discover the topics that you care about and are interested in, and more easily engage in conversation with others, or simply listen to others discuss. The topics are managed by experts -- maintainers and core-contributors of popular libraries and projects in the extended React ecosystem -- but you're encouraged to chat with other attendees in the area who are also interested in that topic! Topic Tables are a great way to engage in conversation and meet some new friends -- which will make the rest of your conference experience better! And who knows, you could make a new friend for life.
- The Pac-Man Rule. This simple rule encourages group conversations to always keep an opening in their circle of discussion. That way, passers-by are encouraged to join in the conversation!
- Badge questions. We ask two questions at checkout that will appear on your badge: 'What's one thing you're passionate about', and 'What's one thing you want to learn'. This helps to break the ice and start conversations between two people who've never met before!
- Breaks. We have frequent breaks and an extended lunch period that allow you to reflect on the talks, discuss with and connect with other attendees, and make new friends!
- Unconference seessions. We will have themed unconference sessions between talks for you to discuss, lead, and listen to other attendees and speakers.
- Activities. We will have various activities during breaks for you to connect with others who are also interested in those activities.
- Sponsors. All of our sponsors are using React in production. We encourage you to chat with them about how they're using React, and to see if you can learn something from each other!
- Pronouns. Pronouns of all attendees will appear on the badge to ensure friendliness and compliance with our code of conduct.
Will there be a parents’ room at the venue?
Yes. We provide a quiet space for parents on premise.
Do you offer childcare services?
Unfortunately we will not have childcare services for this event.
I’ve lost something, or found something. What should I do?
Head to the registration desk, which doubles as the Lost & Found. See if your item is there, or drop off an item you’ve found. Email email@example.com if you’re unable to come to the desk in person.
Do you accommodate special dietary needs?
We will provide vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free, and low-carb options in addition to standard fare. If you have any special allergies or sensitivities, you can let us know on the checkout form after purchase.
Will there be gender-neutral bathrooms at the conference?
Get yours before they're gone.
Buy Tickets...before they're all gone!